Immerse yourself in a new community and culture, not simply as a tourist, but as a part of an international team. Join a group of volunteers from different countries, spend 2-6 weeks working at the International Summer Language Camp, living and having fun together while helping a community, and come home with a reward that lasts longer than an ordinary paycheck!
“LINKING THE PLANET” International Summer Language Camp
VOLUNTEER INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
- Teacher (English, French, German and other languages, computers and other subjects);
- Creativity Workshop Supervisor;
- Camp Counselor;
- Sports Instructor.
The DATES of 2018 summer camp sessions are as follows:
Session 1 - June 9th until Julne 18th (Novosibirsk session)
Session 2 - June 28th until July 11th (The ALTAI Republic summer camp session)
Session 3 - July 11th until July 24th (The ALTAI Krai summer camp session)
Prospective participants choose themselves which session(s) they want to attend. There is no limit of number of sessions attended. Participation in two and more sessions will certainly give you more opportunities to experience the culture, learn the language, interact with people, enjoy a larger excursion, cultural and socializing programme.
Our Volunteer INTERNSHIP opportunities are designed to include people of diverse backgrounds so there are few requirements for participation. Interns must be at least 18 years of age.
- TEACHERS of English, French, German and other languages and subjects;
- SPECIALISTS in other fields such as computing, business, journalism, environment, music, arts, drama, etc.;
- UNIVERSITY STUDENTS.
We provide interns with all necessary paperwork and an on-site internship supervision.
No previous experience is necessary. The most important qualifications are: energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, open-minded, flexible, enjoying camp experiences and working with children and teenagers, willing to share.
English is the common language used at the Camp. No knowledge of Russian is required.
The summer camp programme combines language instruction (English, German, French, and other languages, for local Russian students, and RUSSIAN for overseasstudents and volunteer teachers and interns) with organized activities such as arts and crafts projects, workshops, music and drama, games and contests, art and drawing, inventive engaging performances and shows, sports and outdoor
For more details on the programme click here.
Click here for Volunteer Teacher and Creativity Workshop Supervisor responsibilities and the teaching guidelines.
Click here for Camp Counselor and Sports Instructor responsibilities.
Volunteering to work, you will still have plenty of time for checking out the sights, socializing and relaxing.
Structured Russian language classes are incorporated into the volunteer and internship placement. Volunteers and interns attend 3 Russian classes per day, except excursion days. For more details on the Russian course, click here.
Interacting and speaking with local people is the fastest and most effective means of learning a language, and knowledge of other cultures is priceless.
The programme includes exciting and interesting outings and excursions that enable volunteers and interns to learn more about the city and the Russian culture, as well as to practice their Russian in real life situations. On completion of the session, excursions to other historically and culturally important destinations can be organized. This programme, being flexible, diversified and including many stimulating learning activities, is an extraordinarily enriching and rewarding experience.
To learn more about Novosibirsk and its places of interest click here.
To learn more about other historically and culturally important destinations you can visit click here.
Interns must arrange and pay for their own airfare and ground transportation. We can assist in booking domestic flights in Russia and train tickets.
Interns will need a valid passport for travel to other countries. We provide interns with the Invitation letter which is a special form issued by the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation and allows to apply for a Russian visa at the Russian Consulate in the country of intern’s residence. Interns are responsible for obtaining visas and paying visa fees. Please contact the appropriate Russian embassy or consulate in your country for requirements.
Interns pay Internship Participation fee which includes:
- Accommodation and full board (3 meals a day + a snack) in a summer camp facility located in a picturesque area outside of the city of Novosibirsk (session 1) or in the Altai Mountains session (session 2) or in the Altai Krai (session 3).
- Transportation from/to the local airport in Novosibirsk; transportation from Novosibirsk to the camp in the Altai Mountains (for the second session) or in the Altai Krai (for the third session).
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation and registration on arrival).
- Exciting cultural, social and recreational programme within the summer camp schedule (contests and competitions, shows, discos, sports, social outings).
- Excursion program: touristic program in the Altai Mountains (for the second session), a guided tour of the city of Novosibirsk for session 1.
- 3 classes of Russian daily except for excursion days, classes are taught by well-educated native speakers trained to teach foreigners.
You may be the only representative of your country in your volunteer group, but this will inevitably accelerate cultural awareness. The key to experiencing these projects is keeping an open mind, staying flexible, being involved, and having fun!
We encourage you to contribute to investing in a vision of a better world by joining people around the globe willing to support ongoing peace, promote international cooperation and understanding through these worthwhile efforts.
You will have an incredible experience that will open your mind and heart in ways many only dream about.
To read about our former volunteers’ experiences, click here.